I have had to add a few breweries. The area I find most lacking is Cider; there are so many small producers...
I'm OK with admin approval for new listings, as long as they really do take a couple of hours. If it is a matter of waiting for the brewer to confirm the listing, then that is where I tend to encounter a problem. There are some who do not respond in a timely fashion, & others who do not respond at all; whether because they are too busy, technophobic, or support the opposition - the problem I occasionally face i that until a beer listing is approved, I can't promote it through your site.
I appreciate the advice on what to do if there is a lack of information tasting notes; that will make things easier. I'd personally like more info from breweries (like which hops), and I wish there was one set of descriptors that everyone would agree to conform to.
Further to ales being removed - I can name a good number of beers that are listed on real ale info sites as being no longer brewed, & breweries have a habit of reviving, or producing occasionally. Only if the brewer confirms that the beer in question is extinct could I agree that there is a case for removing it, & then I would be asking for an archive, or some means of removing the ability to select the beer, rather than striking it from the register.
I must add congratulations - as a result of a beer needing to be listed, you gained a new devotee recently. The brewery in question suggested that they feel your site has more to offer than others, & that they would concentrate their efforts here in future.
Thanks for the response.
I have had to add a few breweries. The area I find most lacking is Cider; there are so many small producers...
I'm OK with admin approval for new listings, as long as they really do take a couple of hours. If it is a matter of waiting for the brewer to confirm the listing, then that is where I tend to encounter a problem. There are some who do not respond in a timely fashion, & others who do not respond at all; whether because they are too busy, technophobic, or support the opposition - the problem I occasionally face i that until a beer listing is approved, I can't promote it through your site.
I appreciate the advice on what to do if there is a lack of information tasting notes; that will make things easier. I'd personally like more info from breweries (like which hops), and I wish there was one set of descriptors that everyone would agree to conform to.
Further to ales being removed - I can name a good number of beers that are listed on real ale info sites as being no longer brewed, & breweries have a habit of reviving, or producing occasionally. Only if the brewer confirms that the beer in question is extinct could I agree that there is a case for removing it, & then I would be asking for an archive, or some means of removing the ability to select the beer, rather than striking it from the register.